Saturday, August 10, 2013

Consciously Delicious - Stuffed Mushrooms

I love to eat, but I also want to keep my clothes' size the same and give my body the healthy nutrients it needs. Therefore, searching for and experimenting with simple, light but tasty recipes has become one of my new hobbies. Since I received many postive feedbacks for my previous Healthy & Happy post on what I call "consciously delicious" food, I wanted to share one of my favorite (low-carb, ladies!) recipes: stuffed mushrooms.
Have fun and(guilt-free-yippee!)bon appétit to you all! 

***

Ingredients for 6-8 stuffed mushrooms 

*6-8 big button mushrooms
*2 onions
*1 dl of tomato sauce (try to use one without added sugars and chemicals if you wanna make your body happy!)
*2 big Tbsp ricotta cheese
*1/2 ball of mozzarella, cut into small pieces (or a handful of any other type of grated cheese you'd like to use for the topping)
*olive oil
*oregano
*salt & pepper

***

1 GvN filled mushrooms
GvN filled mushrooms 3
1. Scrab the mushrooms internal part with a spoon. Keep for later. Chop the mushroom stems. 
filled mushrooms GvN 2
2. Chop the onions. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the chopped mushroom stems and interal part and the onions for 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until the onions are golden. 

GvN filled mushrooms 2
3. Add the tomato sauce and the ricotta. Add salt and pepper. 
Stir well and sauté 2-3 more minutes. 
The stuffing is ready :)!

GvN filled mushrooms 6
4. Oil an oven pan with a little bit of oil. 
Toss also the mushroom caps with olive oil. 
Fill each mushroom with the stuffing. Sprinkle the mozzarella pieces (or the grated cheese you chose) over each mushroom. Sprinkle some oregano on top.
Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese browns a little. The mushrooms are only good if they are well cooked.

GvN flled mushrooms 7

Enjoy your consciously delicious stuffed mushrooms :)!
Doesn't it feel good to eat well?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Should there be any problems with the copyright of the pictures I posted, please send me an e-mail at giorgiavonn@gmail.com and I'll remove them as soon as possible, thank you.