Monday, June 4, 2012

Vintage Interior Decoration with an Ethnic Vibe - Guest Post by Design Shuffle

Dear all,
Design Shuffle, an inspiring website dedicated to inner design and decoration asked me to publish a guest article about vintage and ethnic inner styling. Today, as a true lover of this kind of stlye (remeber my post about my passion for beohemian home decoration or the details from my apartment of this post?), I am happy to give the floor to Joanna and her pieces of advice on how to give our own homes a vintage and ethnic touch .

******



Hi, Joanna here! I’m a writer for Design Shuffle, an online community where interior designers share their portfolios and design enthusiasts find decorating images and ideas. I think I have the perfect job. I get to spend my work hours exploring the Internet to find the most incredible decorating ideas so I can share them with blog readers like you. Thanks to GvN Style for allowing me to share with you today.

My favorite rooms tend to be very eclectic like those below. A bit Bohemian, a little worldly, inspired by different types of style and culture, the following spaces are full of character and drama. They’re a global mix of vintage and modern elements with an abundance of color, pattern and texture. I think the first space is definitely my favorite. Which is yours?





Vintage Ethnic



This attractive room is filled with curios objects from around the world. A gallery wall of artwork acts as a focal point carrying the eye across the space.
 


Vintage Ethnic



A sophisticated office gets an ethnic vibe from sculpture and art as well as animal print chairs. The white cowhide rug offers a neutral texture that doesn’t overwhelm the space. 



Vintage Ethnic



Vintage modern furnishings get an ethnic touch from woven textiles on the floor and poof. A shiny light fixture hangs high above a traditional dining table surrounded by acrylic ghost chairs. 



Vintage Ethnic



A modern living room gets an ethnic touch from woven textiles such as the rug and pillows. A wood bench acts as a side table next to the low profile sofa. 



Vintage Ethnic 



This unusual bedroom design is a mix of global style, tradition and glamour with its mirrored chests, Venetian mirrors, sleigh bed and colorful blanket. 



Vintage Ethnic



Vintage furnishings give this industrial space personality. A funky wallpaper gives the room a fun vibe.



  Vintage Ethnic



 A vintage quilt, woven rug, and Suzani print table cloth are lovely together in this eclectic space. A fun lighting fixture sits on the floor next to an unusually high backed chair.




  Vintage Ethnic



Lots of natural wood gives a calming sense to the open floor plan living/dining/kitchen. Printed pillows add texture and ethnic interest to this appealing interior design. 
 Ethnic decor can easily be incorporated into nearly any style of interior. 

Don't forget to check out Design Shuffle here to find a great multitude of inspirations from top designers.



******

I hope you guys could take a lot of inspiration from Joanna's post! 
I adore the style presented in the pictures 1,3 and 4: a lot of ethnic objects are combined with modern cuts and manage to create a cosy and interesting vibe wich still remains full of light and does not overwhelm the whole scene. 
Let me know which ones are your favorites!!!
Thank you Design Shuffle for sharing your style knowledge and suggestions on my blog! 

Have a smashing week everyone!
Giorgia

4 comments:

  1. Hey great designs! I love this post, I am so inspired now to decorate my room!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog!
    I would like to know if you would like to be featured on my blog? If you would like to just leave a comment on this post with your email address so that I can email the questions!
    Thanks!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect for a lodge in the forest ;)))

    www.lostinunderwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting.


    Ethnic Decor Ideas

    ReplyDelete

Should there be any problems with the copyright of the pictures I posted, please send me an e-mail at giorgiavonn@gmail.com and I'll remove them as soon as possible, thank you.