Monday, February 6, 2012

Styling: an Old Passion

CSC_2604

CSC_2638

CSC_2603

CSC_2650

CSC_2642


Hello beauties! 

Today, I would like to share with you my old styling lookbooks I used to create when I was younger. 
Styling has always been one of my biggest interests and hobbies. So much, that as a teeny, when I did not have the financial possibility to buy a lot of clothes, and certainly not expensive ones, I found another way to play with those beautiful pieces which were shown in the magazines and I used to dream of. I started spending hours and hours cutting out clothes from magazines and re-matching them on my workbooks. Et voilà: I had the possibility to create my immaginary perfect wardrobe, where creations by Oscar de la Renta, Emilio Pucci, and Valentino could be matched with basic pieces from LaRedoute or the current Mango catalogue. 
Oh my god, when I think of all the sleepless nights during my summer vacations that I spent sticking pieces of paper on books! 
One thing is sure: the passion for styling is still there! Oh, if it is still there! 
The only difference, I guess, is that instead of my styling lookbooks, I got my blog now :). And my job at Sal Y Limon...And maybe a couple of projects more Idon't wanna talk to much about until they will officially become reality. 
Reality! That was the point. Every time my mom watched me matching cut-outs she would tell me that I should think about making it a real job. And I used to dream about a career in fashion. 
I am there now. I am following my dreams, and since I dared doing it, doors (some little, other bigger) opened and I managed to start my journey in the world I used to dream about. And I am so thankful! 

THANK YOU!

These are the only words I can write to express what I feel! 

Ok, now I'll stop beign emotional and let you have a great Monday :)!

A big big kiss!
Giorgia 

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post bella, you're doing a great job+I'm glad you love it so much! Always believe in yourself! Big hug, Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. really inspiring dear!!!lovely post!!!

    a kiss from the
    cocobloggers

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing, i love it :)
    && great blog..i'll be reading u <3

    ReplyDelete

Should there be any problems with the copyright of the pictures I posted, please send me an e-mail at giorgiavonn@gmail.com and I'll remove them as soon as possible, thank you.