Saturday, October 30, 2010

Andy Warhol Exposition at Kunstmuseum Basel


Today, my love surprized me with a beautiful gift by taking me to the Kustmuseum Basel to visit the exposition entitled Andy Warhol: the Early Sixties. Paintings and Drawings 1961-1964.
Warhol is definitely one of my favorite artists. His interest in mass consumption, the media and the basic question about the true essence and function of art make him one of the central figures of the postmodern visual art and philosophy.


My new book on Warhol's art. Can't stop leaf through it!

Here are some of the paintings that are being exposed at Kunstmuseum Basel:



Liz as Cleopatra
(Terrific to me!)



Flowers



National Velvet



Double Elvis

Loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Gseht guet us:) Sött au no go, wohn jo schliesslich grad be Basel;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Should there be any problems with the copyright of the pictures I posted, please send me an e-mail at giorgiavonn@gmail.com and I'll remove them as soon as possible, thank you.