Friday, February 5, 2010

Stella McCartney for Adidas: "we should not have to compromise style for performance"






Running, cycling, swimming, golf, tennis, gym work out, yoga and dance: eight sports for one line idealized by top designer Stella McCartney in collaboration with Adidas.
As the designer states, "it is first and foremost a sports performance line with a technical aspect in every garment. But I have designed it using emlements from my own designs, like the color palette for instance is similar to what I use in my main collection and attention to detail which is not normaly seen in sportswear".
The motto of the collection: "There is a real validity to making good-looking sportswear clothes for women. in this day and age, we should not have to compromise style for performance".
I like the way she thinks!

I particularly liked the yoga collection for its asian traits and the run image jacket in blue from the running collection for its metallic look.






Sources and further information:
http://www.adidas.com/
www.stellamccartney.com/int/en/adidas/


Pictures:
kik-files.com
graziadaily.co.uk

womentennisblog.com
alamodemontreal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Should there be any problems with the copyright of the pictures I posted, please send me an e-mail at giorgiavonn@gmail.com and I'll remove them as soon as possible, thank you.