Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ode to vintage

I'd like to share with you some of my favorites among my vintage treasures.



Suede high waist skirt from the 80's: used to be my sister's. Clip-on earrings bought in Japan in the 80's, leaf brooch, leather belts from the 80's, crocodile clutch form the 70's, wooden bracelets and ethnic bone necklace and stone bracelets: used to be my mom's. Leather gloves: bought at Lux Plus second hand shop in Zurich.



Black polka dots shawl from the 70's, Sergio Rossi suede pumps from the 70's and royal blue high waist belt from the 80's: used to be my mom's. Pink scarf from the 90's, suede high waist belt from the 80's, bonnet from the 90's and high waist skirt from the '80: used to be my sister's. Jean-Charles de Castelbajac handbag with 50's horror movie figure: bought at S2 second hand shop in Lugano.


As you might have noticed, many of my vintage clothes and accessories come from members of my family. As I've already written in previous posts, one ritual my family (especially my mom and I) has is to keep high quality pieces that, as the history of fashion teaches, will most certainly be en vogue again, sooner or later. As a result, we managed (especially my mother, who has collected pieces starting from the 60's) to create our private vintage wardrobe from which, each season, we pick the pieces that we'd like to wear.
(If you're interested in this topic, you might want to take a look at my previous post: http://gvn-styleblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/moms-wisdom.html)

Right now, I'm crazy about the high waist skirts, the handbags and all the belts. They all carry a story with them and that, in my opinion, gives my look a charm that only second hand and vintage clothes can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Should there be any problems with the copyright of the pictures I posted, please send me an e-mail at giorgiavonn@gmail.com and I'll remove them as soon as possible, thank you.