Saturday, November 28, 2009

Streetstyle of the week


Martin, 33, from Zurich, met in Zurich downtown

Shawl: 60 Swiss francs

Trenchcoat: 1000 Swiss francs

Jeans: Diesel, 200 Swiss francs

Chucks: 200 Swiss francs

Bag: Dior, 2500 Swiss francs

Sunglasses: Gucci, 300 Swiss francs

Gloves: Etro, 300 Swiss francs


Martin definitely knows what the latest trends are.
I liked the easy way he combined jeans and chucks and refined them with a classic trench (bonded the way stylist propose to do it now, namely simply by knotting it) and very theatrical big dark Gucci sun glasses.
To tell the truth, this is one of my favorite outfits among those I've photographed up to now.

2 comments:

  1. But to have the latest trend item, you need at last a big budget. :)

    But really good taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thank you for your comment :-)!

    I have to say I don't quite agree with you.
    Martin, the man I photographed, surely could afford expensive clothes. I photographed him because of his outfit, without knowing how much that outfit had cost him. He obviously had expensive cothes and the taste needed to put together that certain outfit you're seeing in the picture.

    I think he had good taste, but I am absolutely convinced that it's not the bugdet that does the style.

    In my opinion, however, if you got good taste you know how to put together an outfit without much money.
    To say it in other words, if your budget is large, it is true that you'll probably be wearing good pieces (if you care enough about your wardrobe), but if you don't know how to create something out of that, the fact that you got money doesn't make you are stylish.

    Moreover, the last trend items are reproduced in hundreds of different versions by thousands of different brands. Ok, if you're talking about the last Gucci bag that every Hollywood star is wearing this Winter, you probably won't find it for a really cheap price; otehrwise, the newest trends are proposed by many many brands and shops for very different prices.

    So, in a nutshel, no, I don't think you need to be a billionaire to have trendy items. Which, between you and me is just perfect to me, ;-)!

    ReplyDelete

Should there be any problems with the copyright of the pictures I posted, please send me an e-mail at giorgiavonn@gmail.com and I'll remove them as soon as possible, thank you.